At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
Workplace Operations and Facilities Manager
The National Workplace Operations and Facilities team oversees the office spaces that inspire and support our productivity. The National Workplace Operations and Facilities team helps create and maintain inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Compass’ culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Compass workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. Operationally, the team is focused on improving customer experience, reducing cost to serve customers, and improving service levels in our offices.
As the Workplace Operations & Facilities Manager, you will lead your region's efforts to ensure Compass’ offices are a great place to come to work and all of our customers have the hands-on support they need. You’re a strategic, proactive, and detail-oriented leader who knows how to get buy-in from different departments and execute plans effectively. The Workplace Operations/Facilities Manager will oversee facilities services, amenities, maintenance, repair, and asset management across a portfolio of buildings within a territory. The Workplace Operations/Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing the field relationship with third-party providers responsible for facilities related work, including related projects, and will maintain base building property manager relationships, acting as the representative on the lease for each building in the portfolio. This role will report directly into the Senior Workplace Operations and Facilities Manager.
Please note: this role is 100% in-office based and will require weekly travel in northern California.
- Act as the single point of contact for both regional team and vendors within a portfolio of 20 - 60 offices (10%)
- Develop a robust network of vendors of all trades who can service Compass facilities when needed; manage vendor service contracts and monitor the provider's performance (10%)
- Oversee and manage post lease and construction aspects of getting new expansion offices set up and ready for open before first day of business, including all lease, equipment and service contracts (15%)
- Schedule and manage periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems (5%)
- Act as point of escalation for large facility maintenance emergencies (5%)
- Assist in development and maintenance of Workplace/Facilities budget (5%)
- Oversee all property insurance claims and insurance claim related work (5%)
- Manage approved project/CapEx budget as it relates to workplace operations and ensure vendor payment (5%)
- Provide positive and prompt response to requests from the client and building tenants/occupants. Ensure that every office in your portfolio is poised to provide our customers with the best possible in-office experience. (5%)
- Improve all processes, documentation, and system tools pertaining to building safety and security, partnering closely with third-party security providers and internal security personnel at other locations (5%)
- Enforce protocols pertaining to health and safety plans, building and employee handbook regulations, and office practices for all individuals onsite (5%)
- Establish badge access request, issuance, clearance level, maintenance, and auditing processes, including integration with HRIS functionality (5%)
- Own the development of fire safety / emergency response plans and documentation in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes (5%)
- Conduct physical inspections of the location uphold rigorous standards of cleanliness and operational excellence, scheduling cleaning, maintenance, and repairs as needed (5%)
- Organize and communicate inbound and outbound mail processes, including building out mail room, receiving deliveries, providing package notifications, coordinating with local carriers / building management, and implementing systems that cater to business needs (5%)
- Build out and manage external guest registration tools, coordinating closely with building management and internal stakeholders to deliver a high-touch experience for all visitors (5%)
Job Skills & Requirements:
- 3 - 5 years experience in facilities or Workplace Operations management
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing supplier and vendors with contract management
- Minimum of 3 years of project management
- Familiarity in lease operations language and execution
- Working knowledge of commercial MEP systems, specifically HVAC, plumbing, fire and life safety systems, and electrical distribution networks
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills
- Must be able to work independently or on a team
- Proficiency in ZenDesk
- Must be able to perform low level of physical tasks, such as, conducting job site walkthroughs and office audit walks and moving and lifting supplies (up to 25 lb).
- Must be willing to travel 25%-30% of the time
The salary pay range for this position is $72,200 to $118,800; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonuses and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits. Base pay is based on market location. Minimum wage for the position will always be met.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.
Something looks off?