Senior Software Engineer, Principal Trading
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer from a variety of technical backgrounds with a proven track record in building low latency, scalable and highly performant systems.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product life cycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. As a senior software engineer you should lead by example - driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build low latency, scalable and highly performant exchange services including customer gateways, market data, static data management, trading systems, etc.
- Deliver high quality systems that integrate testing at every development stage.
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products that directly impact millions of users.
- Be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency exchange ecosystem building out a new set of financial services, systems and architecture.
- Gain exposure to an array of low latency, high throughput techniques and algorithms.
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do, employing advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data.
- Work closely with the other tech teams to seamlessly deliver the highest quality products and improve the customer experience.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- You possess an innate curiosity, and thrive on learning new technologies.
- Extensive experience in C/C++ development, including metaprogramming.
- Experience with Java, Python and SQL would be useful.
- Experience in several of the following programming areas:
- Network programming, including multicast
- Interprocess Communication (shared memory, Unix/Linux queues)
- Performance benchmarking and tuning
- Extreme interest in delivering high quality software. This means that testing is embedded in the development process from the very beginning, from coding stage (unit testing), to integration testing (local and end to end integration testing), to performance (load and capacity) testing and finally, to failure recovery testing. Software engineers are fully involved in the testing process, driving much of the testing at all stages.
- Experience in trading system architecture, exchange gateway connectivity (binary and FIX), market data generation and ingestion, high throughput, low latency systems.
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Apple equipment
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.