Director of Engineering, Growth & Monetization
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for our next Engineering Director based in Paris to lead and manage our Growth & Monetization team. You will play a crucial role in shaping the future of our Retail products, ensuring seamless user experiences, and driving growth initiatives in the fast-paced crypto environment.
We have decided to set up our European Hub in Paris: this role also offers the opportunity to participate in building up our presence in France.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and mentor a team of 15 engineers, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Drive the technical vision and strategy for the Growth vertical, aligning with overall company goals and objectives.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software solutions that meet consumer and retail needs.
- Champion a growth mindset within the team, focusing on experimentation, data-driven decision-making, and rapid iterations to optimize user acquisition, engagement, and conversion.
- Ensure the engineering team meets project deadlines, adheres to best practices, and maintains high standards of code quality and security.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 10+ years of relevant engineering experience, with a strong background in a startup or high-growth consumer environment.
- Special bonus point if you have been a founder in the past.
- Previous experience designing back-end systems as an individual contributor with JVM languages (Java, Kotlin, Scala).
- Proven experience in consumer and retail-focused projects, understanding user behaviors and preferences.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, including experience leading and scaling engineering teams.
- Expertise in crypto and DeFi projects is a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a global, cross-functional team.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Hybrid model working from home & our office in Central Paris.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.