KYC Onboarding Lead and Deputy MLRO
Blockchain.com is one of the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding compliance professional to join our fast-growing team as the KYC Onboarding Lead for the EU and Rest of World and deputy MLRO (LT). In this role, you will work closely across the compliance team and other functions in the company to provide support on compliance and regulatory matters across the EU and ROW. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced regulated environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The KYC and Onboarding Lead is the head of the KYC Program for Blockchain’s EU and ROW operations, which includes customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, periodic review and customer risk rating beside others.
- Day-to-day management of the team reviewing customer onboarding cases
- Drive CDD, EDD and periodic review strategy and implementation
- Ensure the proper implementation of Know Your Customer requirements in the company’s activities, including proper assessment of client’s identification documents, collection of their copies, record keeping, etc. and that they are compliant with requirements and procedures set by laws
- Manage 3rd party vendors for KYC, IDV as well as PEP and Sanction screening
- Oversee risk assessments and risk appetite statements plus metrics to measure performance
- Design, maintain and develop Policies and Procedures for all KYC related topics
- Oversight of tools and systems used for automated customer onboarding and screening
- Drive the annual AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment
- Development of reporting on risk indicators and workflow metrics for consumption by senior management.
- Act as Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer - be the senior contact who maintains a constructive and open dialogue with FCIS, Bank of Lithuania, other regulators and law enforcement authorities
- In a supportive role to the MLRO, you will review SARs recommended for external filing with the Lithuania’s FCIS
- Ensure that regulatory examinations, reporting and enquiries are handled appropriately and promptly
- Ensure that the company keeps and maintains all the required records and logs
- Assist to obtain and maintain required licensing and registrations
- Serve as the point person who ensures timely execution on audits
- Oversee management information reporting for the Head of Compliance, Lithuania and management regarding effectiveness of the compliance risk management framework, oversee execution of improvement plans
- Develop and track action plans across regulatory initiatives
- Fulfill all other functions and duties that are assigned to Deputy MLRO under AML/CTF framework, other company’s internal procedures and resolutions of company’s bodies.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial crimes compliance at a regulated financial institution.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidance governing customer identification and related processes, with focus on EU AML regulations and relevant LT laws.
- Experience working to improve onboarding processes integrated across front office and operations
- Proven people management skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, good organizational and time management skills.
- Experience developing compliance frameworks while leveraging technology
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, organizational and time management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Lithuanian
- Professional experience with cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required.
- Professional certification (e.g., ACAMS, ICA) preferred.
Compensation & Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Work from Anywhere Policy
- Health insurance policy
- Apple equipment
- Excellent career progression opportunities in a fast-paced company
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Learning and development opportunities in other areas than AML in the future
- A hybrid workplace model with at least 3 days per week spent with the team in the Vilnius office
- Depending on skill set and experience, the salary for this role starts at 50 000 EUR (gross) per year