Regulatory and Licensing Manager, Americas
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are seeking an outstanding Regulatory and Licensing (Compliance) Manager to join our fast-growing team. This role will be responsible for managing the firm’s end-to-end licensing process from applications to renewals. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and maintain a regulatory and licensing framework for our innovative and rapidly growing company as we continue to pursue new money transmitter licenses (“MTL”) in the US and other jurisdictions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Establish a licensing framework and develop key operating procedures
- Establish and maintain a licensing and regulatory communications repository and application dashboard
- Manage our money service business (“MSB”) registration ensuring it remains current and accurately reflects our operations
- Respond to regulatory examinations, investigations, and inquiries, ensuring quality assurance and consistency in responses
- Manage relationships and communication with regulators and external parties
- Collaborate across the firm to synchronize regulatory engagements and responses to information requests
- Manage the application process for new MTLs and liaise with respective functional counterparts
- Work cross-functionally with various teams (e.g., Legal, Finance, Accounting, Insurance, and Tax) to meet regulatory requirements, reporting obligations, and deadlines, for ongoing MTL maintenance
- Prepare and deliver management information reporting regarding applications, exams, and escalations
- Remain abreast of regulatory changes in the licensed jurisdictions
- Manage assigned responsibilities as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in managing regulatory licenses, preferably at a cryptocurrency, MSB, or fintech company
- Experience developing compliance frameworks while leveraging technology
- Excellent knowledge of state money transmission license requirements and utilizing NMLS is essential
- Experience with best practices and MTL process efficiencies across pertinent operations
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and time management skills
- Professional experience in the crypto industry is advantageous but not required
- Professional certification (e.g., ACAMS, ACFE, ICA) is advantageous, but not required
- We are a remote first company, which means this role can be located anywhere in the eastern or central US
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Hybrid model working from home & awesome office location in the heart of Miami
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Pay Transparency Notice: At Blockchain.com, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For individuals performing work in the United States, the target annual salary for this position can range from $140,000 to $180,000, and your actual pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location, as well as internal equity and market data.
We also offer benefits that include medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses, and full-time employees will receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Note: Blockchain.com benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.