Escrow Accounting Coordinator
The Escrow Accounting Coordinator at SQS Square Settlements is primarily responsible for all escrow related
accounting procedures relating to title operations.
• Posts incoming wire transfers and initiates outgoing wire transfers
• Posts deposits to closing order ledgers
• Prepares daily trial balance
• Performs monthly review of outstanding checks and escrows and seeks resolution
• Balances and scans daily deposits and runs daily reconciliation reports
• Processes positive pay exception items daily
• Inputs and reports of 1099-S data
• Annual filing of escheatment of funds
• Monitors monthly account reconciliation and reports unclaimed funds requirements
• Recovery of settlement losses
• Prepares invoices and processes revenue
• Processes void check requests
• Prepares and processes deposits to appropriate accounts
• Assist with recording of settlement documents.
• Assist with preparation and issuance of title insurance policies.
• Complies with all regulatory requirements.
• Prepares weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reporting on revenue and units
• Assists with correspondence between SQS and our corporate stakeholders and shareholders
• Identifies and communicates areas of improvement regarding operations to management
• Performs other tasks, duties, or projects as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Detail-oriented and professional
• Strong communication, both verbal and written
• Proficiency in applications such as MS Excel and other MS Office products
• Experience in Qualia (Preferred but not required)
• Able to maintain work priorities in an environment with multiple concurrent tasks and projects and
maintain flexibility related to assigned tasks
• High attention to detail a must
• 3 years of experience in a Title/Escrow position
• Exempt Status
• Director of Operations