Regional Director, Strategic Growth
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
The Regional Director position plays a critical role in building the future of Compass and sets the tone for a high performing, motivated, and productive Strategic Growth Team in their respective market. In its simplest form, the Strategic Growth team’s role is to bring top producing agents to Compass by diagnosing the current state of each agent's business with a consultative approach and presenting them with a tailored plan to help them solve for the current challenges they are facing today. Your team will look to you for guidance on all of the best practices for delivering a world class experience to all of the prospective agents. This includes connecting with prospects, deep discovery, tailored presentations, strong negotiation, and flawless closing. Executive leadership will rely on you to support our accelerated growth through hiring a team with best-in-class individuals who align to our core values and provide diversity to our ecosystem.
This role will report into our New York city office and is 100% onsite.
At Compass You Will:
- Set local team strategy
- Lead and manage a Strategic Growth team to meet monthly goals: activity metrics, forecasted opportunities, and revenue targets
- Build confidence & trust with direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Coach team members to develop their professional sales and other skills
- Collaborate well with other sales managers, directors & executives to aid the growth of the business
- Supervise & conduct training on skills improvement, product & technology topics
- Strong sales skills & ability to teach sourcing and sales strategies to new team members
- Maintain headcount via recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new SGM's
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of Compass ecosystem tools, resources, and technology
- Demonstrate Compass core values and leadership traits
- Understand leadership training styles and apply to interactions with direct reports
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 8 years of sales experience, with a minimum of 2+ years in sales management
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA preferred
- Proven experience in a scaling environment and the ability to adapt to an evangelical sale
- Self-starters with track records of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
- Past experience in managing direct reports and leading teams
- A coachable leader, who’s willing and able to accept feedback
The salary pay range for this position is $106,000 to $159,800; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonuses and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits. Base pay is based on market location. Minimum wage for the position will always be met.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.