Associate Sales Manager
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
As an Associate Sales Manager you will best coach, support, attract, and retain guide Compass agents while fostering an exceptional company culture. The Associate Sales Manager will act as a conduit between the regional leadership team and our agents and will be focused on implementing various sales and platform-related initiatives and policies, in alignment with the company’s vision and annual goals. The Associate Sales Manager will be primarily responsible for leading an agent portfolio, motivating, coaching and mentoring sales agents using Compass’ platform, as well as providing strategic and operational guidance to the Company’s executive team.
This role will be based out of our offices in Carlsbad, Rancho Santa Fe, and San Diego (One Paseo).
At Compass You Will:
Growth planning & professional development
- Support an agent portfolio by motivating, coaching and mentoring them, as well as providing strategic and operational guidance to the local Sales Management team.
- Help the Sales Management team, retain and guide Compass agents while fostering an exceptional company culture
- Lead regular office-wide agent meetings (for the purposes of growth planning, broader performance reviews, company policy updates and any other company or market-updates)
- Relay market intelligence from Research team and Business Development targets to agents
- Provide agents with Business Planning, feedback and professional development guidance
- Become an expert in Compass’ tech platform in order to show Agents how to grow their business through Compass’ tools and programs
- Help with initiatives to boost agent productivity and reinforce these practices through coaching
- Regular tracking/monitoring of key metrics that drive revenue and increase efficiency
- Ensure Compass is creating a positive work environment to ensure agent satisfaction and overall retention
- Promote positive behavioral attributes & attitudes amongst agents
- Resolve agent and brokerage issues on an as-needed basis
- Be a culture carrier who inspires and empowers those around you with a positive and constructive approach to creating and implementing change
- Relay on-the-ground market trends from agents to Business Development and Executive team.
- Develop and share perspective on future agent management
- Act as a conduit between the local team and our agents by supporting various sales-related initiatives and policies in alignment with the company’s vision and values
- Help drive the strategies implemented by regional & national operations to grow the adoption of Compass tech, programs, and ancillary services within your agent population
Agent growth & pitching new business
- Partner with Business Development to collaborate on potential agent candidates
- Lead and provide support to agents in pitching new business opportunities
- Collaboratively working with agent teams on sales exclusive presentations and proper market pricing with sellers
- Complete Agent Contract renewals for your agent roster annually
Who you are:
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record in the leadership areas listed above.
- An energetic, forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional demeanor
- A strategic planner with analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to ensure clear and consistent delivery of the Company’s messaging
- High emotional intelligence; professional and trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality
- Technologically forward-thinking
- Hands-on approach with the maturity and experience to navigate all levels of the organization. Capable of engaging a diverse set of stakeholders and gaining their trust
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and problem-solve with minimal supervision; a bias towards action and over communication
- A commitment to exceed goals that is internal, constant, and self imposed
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- At least 2 years in Real Estate sales experience
- Prior management experience, preferred
- Valid real estate license in the applicable state at all times of service
- Must obtain the state license requirements for any jurisdiction in which they are operating (e.g., Broker’s level)
The pay range for this position is $93,900-$105,600+ annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonuses and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits. Base pay is based on market location. Minimum wage for the position will always be met.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.