Mortgage Loan Officer in Washington
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team as a Mortgage Loan Originator. You should be a great communicator (both written and verbal), enjoy sourcing and talking to prospects, and find joy in connecting people with common interests.
This is a great opportunity to build on sales experience and create from the ground up at a fast-paced, early-stage startup!
You will talk to our customers and advise them on their mortgage options while at the same time helping us build a scalable, repeatable product and sales model that can one day serve millions of homebuyers. Every customer is different, but you'll be creative and analytical enough to become a domain expert and figure out solutions.
- Build your own book of business! Leverage Morty’s platform and marketplace to establish, grow, and service an ongoing pipeline of new customers and referrals.
- Establish a local presence! Build and maintain a local presence on the ground in a key market and act as Morty’s go-to “in-market” expert in the area.
- Our centralized closing team will provide processing support but you will be in charge of all customer-facing communications to ensure transactions go smoothly and to build trust that extends past the closing table.
- Recommend loan options to customers based on their specific situations; you'll need to be able to clearly articulate Morty's value propositions to customers who don't yet know us.
- Source business via phone calls, social media, emails, networking events, and in-person meetings with realtors, investors, and other industry partners.
- Have approved licensing in at least one state.
- Willingness to travel and hit the road to build up a book of business.
- Excited and able to learn quickly — you're a self-starter with a “no task is too big or small” attitude.
- Possess a go-getter mindset — you have the ability to work with ambiguity and create for yourself
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks and work independently.