Mortgage Loan Officer in Virginia
Join Morty as a mortgage loan officer in Virginia. Leverage our innovative mortgage technology, extensive lender marketplace, and dedicated closing team to advance your career and achieve success.
Are you a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual? We're actively seeking talented candidates based in Virginia to join our platform as Mortgage Loan Officers. Our ideal team members are passionate about cultivating a robust mortgage business portfolio while enjoying the flexibility of setting their own pace. Successful Mortgage Loan Officers at Morty possess a deep understanding of mortgage products, exceptional communication skills, and a proven ability to forge strong relationships. Your role will involve close collaboration with homebuyers, providing expert guidance on mortgage options, and overseeing loan origination.
If you're not licensed, but have been thinking about becoming an MLO, check out out our step by step guide to getting licensed in Virginia!
This is a great opportunity to build on your existing sales experience and level up with new tools and support.
- Build your own book of business – Leverage Morty’s platform and marketplace to establish, grow, and service an ongoing pipeline of new customers and referrals.
- Establish a local presence – Build and maintain a local presence on the ground in a key market or markets of your choice, acting as Morty’s go-to “in-market” expert in the area.
- Own all communications for your customers – Ensure clients get the advice they need to successfully navigate the home financing process, building trust and working closely with our centralized closing team to ensure transactions go smoothly.
- Serve as an expert on loan options – Work with customers to make recommendations based on their specific situations; you'll need to be able to clearly articulate Morty's value propositions to customers who don't yet know us.
- Source customers, build your pipeline – Work at your own pace, leaning on phone calls, social media, emails, networking events, and in-person meetings with realtors and buyers.
- An approved mortgage license in at least one state or actively in process to obtain licensure
- Willingness to hit the road to build up a book of mortgage business.
- Excited and eager to learn quickly — we love self-starters with “no task is too big or small” attitudes.
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.